The rules of admission for study in institutions of higher education of foreigners and persons without citizenship in 2018
The admission of students in institutions of higher education of foreigners and persons without citizenship is carried out in accordance with the Laws of Ukraine «On higher education», «On legal status of foreigners and persons without citizenship», «About foreign Ukrainians», «On refugees and persons in need of additional or temporary protection», decree of President of Ukraine from 03 June 1994 № 271 «About actions concerning development of economic cooperation of areas of Ukraine with adjacent areas of Republic of Belarus and administrative-territorial units of the Republic of Moldova», regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of February 26, 1993 № 136 «About studying of foreign citizens in Ukraine» dated September 11, 2013 № 684 «Some of the questions set for the training of foreigners and persons without citizenship», by the Ministry of education and science of Ukraine dated November 01, 2013 No. 1541 «Some issues of recruitment and training (internship) of foreigners and stateless persons», registered in Ministry of justice of Ukraine on 25 November 2013 No. 2004/24536.
- Foreigners and persons without citizenship (hereinafter – foreigners) can get a higher education at the expense of individuals and/or legal entities, unless otherwise stipulated by international treaties of Ukraine agreed to be binding by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, laws or agreements between institutions of higher education, international academic mobility.
The admission of aliens into institutions of higher education for training at the expense of the state budget within the quota for foreigners.
Foreigners who arrive in Ukraine with the purpose of tr
aining, enrolled in tertiary education in accredited education programmes (specialties).
Enrollment among foreign citizens for training at the expense of individuals and/or entities can be institutions of higher education:
1) twice annually, before and at the beginning of the academic semesters (but not later than 01 November and 01 March, respectively), to obtain degrees of bachelor, master;
2) during the year for training in graduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses.
The timing of bids to a common base, defined in paragraph 7 of section XV of these terms and Conditions for admission of such aliens shall not apply.
Institution of education calculates points/rating of the applicant on the basis of the obtained document about the previous education and establishes a minimum required for admission the number of points/assessments in General subjects, being an introductory test.
Enrolment of foreigners for studies at the appropriate level of higher education is carried out according to the results of entrance examinations in certain subjects and language learning and on the basis of academic rights to continue education provided by the document on the received level of education in the country of origin, and taking into account the points of progress, giving the right to continue education at the next level of higher education in accordance with the laws of the country issuing the document received the degree (level) of education.
All categories of foreigners that come to study, are enrolled in institutions of higher education on the basis of orders on transfer, which are formed in a Single database.
The requirements of higher education institutions on the compliance of applicants from among the foreigners who arrived in Ukraine with the purpose of training, the conditions of admission to relevant higher education levels, and the timing of reception of applications and documents, entrance examinations, creative competitions and admission specified in the admission Regulations and made public on the official web-site of institution of higher education.
Foreigners who receive state grants under international treaties, national programs, other international obligations of Ukraine, are accepted for training within the established quotas for foreigners on the basis of directions of the Ministry of education and science of Ukraine.
Foreigners who arrive in Ukraine for participation in the academic mobility programs or for higher education agreed between Ukrainian and foreign institutions of higher education with educational programs accepted for training, taking into account the relevant contractual obligations of the relevant institutions of higher education.
Foreign Ukrainians, which legally reside in Ukraine and whose status is certified by the certificate of foreign Ukrainian, for admission to institutions of higher education of Ukraine enjoy the same rights to education as citizens of Ukraine, with the exceptions established by the Constitution of Ukraine, laws of Ukraine or international agreements, a consent on obligatory of which is given by Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Foreign Ukrainians, whose status is certified by a certificate of a foreign Ukrainian, may be credited for training by the state order within the established quotas for foreigners on the interview in the subjects stipulated by the admission Rules.
To be eligible to receive quota – eligible applicants for admission to study in institutions of higher education by quota 1, quota 2 and quota 3, the quota for foreigners is implemented in accordance with these Terms;
- quota-1 – a certain portion of maximum volume of the state order (on open bids) or the total state or regional order (for closed (fixed) of bids), which can be used for the reception of applicants on the basis of complete General secondary education, eligible for admission based on entrance examinations, except persons who are entitled to a quota of 2 or act in accordance with the rules of admission to higher and vocational education of persons the place of residence of which is the territory of the antiterrorist operation (its implementation), approved by the Ministry of education and science of Ukraine from 21 June 2016 No. 697, registered in Ministry of justice of Ukraine July 01, 2016 to No. 907/29037 (hereinafter – order No. 697);
- quota-2 – a certain portion of maximum volume of the state order (on open bids) or the total state or regional order (for closed (fixed) of bids) in the authorized institutions of higher education, which can be used for the reception of applicants on the basis of complete General secondary education, eligible for admission based on entrance examinations in accordance with the Procedure of admission to higher and vocational education for persons who reside in the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine, approved by the Ministry of education and science of Ukraine from may 24, 2016 No. 560, registered in Ministry of justice of Ukraine on may 31, 2016 for the number 795/28925 (hereinafter – the order № 560);
- quota-3 – certain regional order, which can be used as a communal institution of higher education for admission on the basis of complete General secondary education of persons who got it in educational institutions on the territory of corresponding administrative-territorial unit;
- quota for foreigners – a certain proportion of places of public order, which is used for admissions from among:
- foreigners coming to study in accordance with the international treaties of Ukraine;
- foreign Ukrainians, whose status is certified by a certificate of a foreign Ukrainian;
- foreigners and persons without citizenship who permanently reside in Ukraine, persons granted refugee status in Ukraine and persons who need complementary or temporary protection;
Foreigners and persons without citizenship who permanently reside in Ukraine, persons granted refugee status in Ukraine, persons who need complementary or temporary protection and persons granted the status of a foreign Ukrainian and staying in Ukraine legally have the right to receive higher education as citizens of Ukraine. The abovementioned categories of persons for the funds of the state budget is carried out within the quotas set forth by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
The right to priority enrollment to higher medical and educational institutions – eligible applicants under the law, concerning the enrollment in institutions of higher education at the state or regional in the majors disciplines 01 «Education/Pedagogy» and 22 «health care» in the case of conclusion of agreement about the workout for at least three years in rural areas or towns that are being implemented in accordance with these Terms.